A Favorite Gift Shop: The Waxwing

Wandering around the East Side one day I dragged my boyfriend into a little gift shop. This was sometime in early April and we have since been back at least four times!


If possible I absolutely love to shop local. Shopping local supports people within my communities and helps to keep shops I love open! I especially love shops like this because I am able to find unique gifts their intended recipient likely doesn't have and will hopefully love. 

I got both of my parents the Milwaukee Skyline Mugs for Mother's/Father's day, I knew if I didn't get them both one my dad would glom on to my moms (I was right he was eyeing it the first time she used it). I also found all natural bug spray (from Tippecanoe Herbs) and lip balm for my mom. I got a lip balm for myself as well and it is my current favorite. I can't wait to try some of their other bath and body products. 


My boyfriend got his mom a candle for mothers day. It is currently not available in The Waxwing online shop, it was Love Potion #9 by Brookly Candle Studio and it smelled AMAZING!  


For his dads birthday he picked up a copy of State of Craft Beer, which is such a cool coffee table book.


Recently I saw they had restocked some mugs and knew I needed to get them for one of my best friends and I. 


Another thing I absolutely love about this store is their support of different causes. During Pride Fest they donated 10% of all sales to CourageMKE supporting LGBTQ youth. This week they are supporting different causes donating 10% of all sales daily to help with the Crisis at the US with Immigrant Families and Refugees. These are just two examples I have noticed since following them!



I 100% plan on shopping here in the future, both for home items for myself as well as gift! 

Note: All pictures were taken from The Waxwing Instagram...Since most of these were gifts I forgot to take pictures before they were wrapped. I will link what I can below. 

Links
Instagram: thewaxwing

What are you waiting for...go check them out!

~Katy

You Might Also Like

2 comments