Raindrops and Rivulets


Flipping through Cozy Knits by Tanis Gray I fell in love with the Raindrops and Rivulets pattern. I found the texture of the body of the hat absolutely gorgeous, and knew almost instantly that I had to make it. The next trick was to find the perfect yarn. 



At my local yarn store I found a stunning skein of orange yarn by Three Fates Yarns. It is Chione's 250 Worsted, 4-ply superwash merino wool in the color Mt. St. Helens. It is such a pretty orange color and I knew instantly upon seeing it what pattern I wanted to make it into.


I love Cozy Knits by Tanis Gray! Overall I think it is a very good book with many patterns I have done and still want to do; as well as many patterns I would do multiple times.


A side view of this finished hat. I am absolutely in LOVE with the texture the pattern creates.


A close up of the pattern on the body of the hat. Again I LOVE the texture the pattern creates as well at the slight variegation in the yarn. I also love how squishy and soft this yarn is, it will be beautiful to wear.


The top of the hat ends up looking like a bobbled rain drop. While it does make the hat look a little boxy, I think it is a different way for finishing the top of a hat but is rather cute. 

Overall I really enjoyed making this hat and think I would make this pattern again. 

~ Katy

You Might Also Like

0 comments