I have Plants!

This past weekend I went with my family to pick out flowers for our patio. During the summer my mom and I like to drink mojitos and it can sometimes be hard to find mint at our local grocery store so for the last two summers I have gotten mint plants. While looking for a mint plant I decided I wanted some other edible plants as well.



So today I dragged my brother back to Home Depot for edible plants, pots, and some potting soil. Thanks Ed for lifting and moving potting soil for me.

 

I got home and put some rocks in the bottom of the pots for drainage. Put in some potting soil, that was quite a challenge until I was about two thirds of the way through the bag. I then planted the plants based on the directions that came with them. 


I got four different plants: Sweet Basil, Cilantro, Garden Salsa Hot Pepper, and Pink Brandywine Heirloom tomatoes. 





If my plants work out well I am hoping to make salsa!

~ Katy

You Might Also Like

0 comments