While working on my New Years goals and resolutions I wanted to come up with something knitting related which could be both interactive and that I could use to help others. After thinking about it I came up with 12 months of mittens! I have chosen 12 adorable patterns some are free patterns and some are paid (noted with links to each).
With the 12 mittens of the month I would like to make several pairs of classic mittens in various sizes to donate in December. Here is the classic mitten pattern I have used many times and love!
- Snowflake Mittens - in 60 Quick Knits from America's Yarn Shops - Book Only
- Heart Mittens - Free
- Eugenia's Mittens - by Mollie Woodworth - Free
- Windmill & Flower Mittens - in 60 Quick Knits from America's Yarn Shops - Book Only
- Zebra Mittens - by Esther Hartley - Paid Pattern
- Mittens with Leaves - Rahymah - Free
- Flutter Mittens - by Jenise Hope - Paid book or single pattern
- Fair Isle Mittens - Sandi Rosner for Crystal Palace Yarns - Free
- Fox Mittens - Laura Poikolainen - Free
- Queen Owl Mittens - Barbara Giguere and Sandi Marshall - Free
- Mittens #512 - Nell Armstrong - Free
- Pine Mittens - Jenise Hope - Paid book or single pattern
It is a little difficult to find the 60 Quick Knits from America's Yarn Shops online right now. Check your local yarn stores!
I will be getting most if not all of my yarn from my local yarn store! I you love your local (or closest) yarn store like I do support them! To find yarn stores close to me I use the Knitmap app (currently only on android 😢) but I have found stores by googling "yarn stores near me" with my GPS turned on.
Please, please, please interact on these posts! I would love to hear how your projects are going! There may be a surprise in December if people interact on these posts!
My January mitten post will be up tomorrow!