My Knitting Essentials


Over the years I have tried many different notions, some I have chosen myself and other which were from my mom and grandma. Through a lot of trial and error I have narrowed down a list of five of my favorite notions.
  1. Boye® Stitch Holders - Mittens are one of my favorite things to knit and I absolutely love these to hold the thumb stitches. 
  2. Clover Soft Stitch Ring Markers - I have tried many different types of markers and these are by far my favorite. They can be used with all types of yarns (even lace weight!) on most sizes of needles.
  3. Susan Bates® Steel Yarn Needles - I prefer metal yarn needles for finishing projects. For me it seems to glide better through the stitches making weaving in end easier. 
  4. Clover Knitting Counter, Kacha-Kacha -  These are my favorite type of row counter. So much so I have two, both of which are currently in use. I made a beaded lanyard on one of them (DIY coming soon!). 
  5. Brittany Needle Wax - I prefer to use wooden needles and I once worked with this horrible yarn which stained my needles purple. I talked to the owner of my local yarn store and she recomended using this needle wax to prevent color transfer and to polish sluggish needles. I LOVE it and a little bit goes a long way. 
These are five of my favorite knitting essentials! Comment what some of your essentials are!

~Katy

You Might Also Like

0 comments